This Advisory was developed by the bus and coach industry in order to assist bus operators in the adoption of appropriate policies and procedures relating to the safe operation, maintenance and management of bus tyres.
The Advisory contains critical information and practical guidelines in the following key areas:
- understanding the specification of a tyre and its components
- compliance Regulations for tyres and effects of increased mass limits
- tyre retreading requirements and the process
- tyre fleet costs and buy or lease options
- reducing full life cost of tyres
- maintenance guidelines.